Grand Rapids, MI
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
Corporate Security and Investigations firm is looking for tenacious field investigators to primarily conduct fraud investigations through surveillance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Must be able to work independently, conducting covert surveillance of insurance claimants.
- Work with Investigations Supervisor to develop plan of action on each case.
- Able to “think on your feet” with good problem solving skills and act decisively.
- Must maintain and file detailed logs and be able to write investigative reports.
- Provide legal testimony if necessary.
In addition to being able to work independently, you must be a driven individual who likes to “win”. Decisions will need to be made quickly, problems will need to be solved in motion, and obstacles will need to be overcome in the field. You will have support, but you are responsible for the outcome of any given assignment.
Key Responsibilities and Performance Indicators
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL is a must
- Problem-solving and the ability to rapidly adapt to a changing environment and needs of the job
- Communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as required by law
- Good, positive attitude
- Ability to follow instructions.
Qualifications and Skills
- 18 Years of age with High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a valid state-issued driver’s license and full-time access to a reliable vehicle, suitable for surveillance, with valid auto insurance
- Ability to use an HD video camera and associated equipment
- Proficient in the use of, and possess, a personal computer with MS Office programs
- Own and willing to use a smart phone with video camera capability.
- Ability to use email, internet, and mobile applications.
- Clean criminal history
- High school level or higher proficiency with the English language in written and spoken form (reading, spelling, grammar).
- Law enforcement, military, loss prevention, or private investigations experience
- Understanding of insurance fraud investigations requirements
- College preferred
- State of MI CPL
Application Questions– Edit
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?